Position now filled
Web Developer PHP
Are you a passionate, enthusiastic, and ambitious PHP web developer? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our in-house web development team!
We are a web design, marketing, and PR agency based near the centre of Bristol, close to Cabot Circus, specialising in PHP custom development, Magento and WordPress. We have a fantastic collection clients whose businesses we’ve helped grow and thrive. With a diverse range of loyal clients, it means we are able to work on a variety of exciting and challenging projects, with no two the same.
It is important that you are able to work on your own, and take responsibility for your own work and workload. Equally, you will function well as part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced agency environment. As part of your role, you will be touching on all aspects of development projects; right from briefing, wireframing, and planning, to coding, testing, and ongoing maintenance.
You must be a proficient communicator with both clients and colleagues, and be able to discuss technical issues in a simple and clear manner. You need to be able to deal with any issues logically and calmly, whilst being confident enough to ask questions and suggest alternatives when something is not possible or clearly wrong. Attention to detail is essential; you will take care and pride in your pixel-perfect work, whilst being able to deliver projects efficiently, on time, and in line with your own estimates and plans.
Key Web Development Skills Required
- Experience with Photoshop
- Semantic, standards compliant HTML5
- CSS3 and SASS
- Responsive web design
- WordPress development
- Exposure to working with MySQL
- Knowledge of web application security
- Linux server management
- GIT version control
- Command line knowledge
- Knowledge of SEO practices
- E-commerce experience
- Knowledge of using an MVC Framework e.g Symfony, Laravel
- Magento development experience
In return for your excellent PHP skills you will receive…
- A competitive salary which is negotiable based on experience
- Six weeks annual leave (including bank holidays and a guaranteed break over the Christmas & New Year period)
- Company Pension
- A positive working environment in our office surrounded by a vibrant and growing team of web developers, designers, digital marketing and PR experts
- Plus, regular after-hours team socials!
Fancy becoming the latest member of our fast growing agency? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email your CV and covering letter, along with any links to any online profiles (such as GitHub) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “PHP Web Developer” in the subject line for our reference. Alongside this, we’d love to know why you’re the right person for the role and why you would love to work for us.
We believe that the merriest teams are chosen from within, so strictly no agencies!