23rd September 2016
Building a brand can be a tricky business, but luckily here at Wired Media we have plenty of experience with branding, and we’re here to help! Read on to find out the best ways to keep your website on brand…
1. Understand your customers and what they come to you for and then make your homepage and all other sub-pages reflect this – for example: ‘Our Guest Ale of the Month’ for a country pub website, or ‘Seasonal Spa Treatment’ for a spa hotel, or ‘Catch of the Day’ if its a seafood restaurant.
2. Impeccable photography – in this modern age, people can take very high quality images using their iPhone and add filters, etc. They therefore expect business websites to have even higher quality images. These images need to capture the imagination of your target market but also make the service tangible.
3. Have a blog and break the content down into categories which will be of interest to your target market. This way, customers can learn more about your company, hotel, bar, or restaurant and be influenced by the content enough to steer their purchasing habits and intentions.
4. Update copy and images across the site in line with the seasons – hospitality is an incredibly seasonal sector, therefore the homepage and content needs to reflect this throughout the year.
5. Make it user friendly and responsive as it will make your business/hotel seem more tech savvy and with the times (this will appeal to younger target markets/under 60’s). It will also, more importantly, improve user experience and increase purchase intention from those who you’re trying to appeal to. Even if the hotel is old fashioned or is trying to draw in older guests who are less tech savvy, there should be no compromise on web design and user friendliness.
6. Create a tone of voice document and stick with it throughout. Maintain that same tone of voice throughout your website & all of your marketing communications.
7. Use all of your marketing communication channels to serve your website and its style and ethos. Your marketing communications channels such as social media, public relations, email marketing, advertising are pathways/bridges to your website.
If you would like any more helpful tips on maintaining a strong brand across your website, feel free to give us a call on 0117 930 4365 or drop us an email.